Tuesday, July 27, 2010

If You Love Him, Keep His Commandments










Obedience to God is an expression of our love for God.

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him...If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." (Joh 14:21, 23. NKJV).

For example your hubby says, 'I love you honey, I love you, I love you....' a thousand times an hour and when you ask him to do a simple thing, what if he tells you please do it yourself but I love you, again and again. Can that kind of love ignite a passionate relationship. So it is with the Lord. 

"The golden rule for understanding in spiritual matters is not intellect, but obedience." - Oswald Chambers


Unless he obeys, a man cannot love.


‎"...What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to His voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams." (1Sa 15:22, NLT). 

The Message Bible beautifully paraphrases, "... Do you think all GOD wants are sacrifices-- empty rituals just for show? He wants you to listen to him! Plain listening is the thing, not staging a lavish religious production." (1Sa 15:22, MSG).

I love in obedience based on love for the Lord, not based on rules and regulations done in a religious way. God hates religion but loves relationship.

  





No comments: