Saturday, April 16, 2011

Take Hold of Unbelievable Things By Faith!










I hope the following story will inspire you to look at the invisible, reach for the impossible and take hold of the unbelievable, I have been doing it and I know that God is pleased with it. I hope you will do it for the GLORY OF GOD too!

“A number of years ago I went to America with a steamship captain who was a very devoted Christian. When we were off the coast of Newfoundland, he said to me, “The last time I sailed here, which was five weeks ago, something happened that revolutionized my entire Christian life. I had been on the bridge for twenty-four straight hours when George Mueller of Bristol, England, who was a passenger on board, came to me and said, ‘Captain, I need to tell you that I must be in Quebec on Saturday afternoon.’ ‘That is impossible,’ I replied. ‘Very well,’ Mueller responded, ‘if your ship cannot take me, God will find some other way, for I have never missed an engagement in fifty-seven years. Let’s go down to the chartroom to pray.’

“I looked at this man of God and thought to myself, ‘What lunatic asylum did he escape from?’ I had never encountered someone like this, ‘Mr. Mueller,’ I said, ‘do you realize how dense the fog is?’ ‘No,’ he replied. ‘My eye is not on the dense fog but on the living God, who controls every circumstance of my life.’

He then knelt down and prayed one of the most simple prayers I’ve ever heard. When he finished, I started to pray, but he put his hand on my shoulder and told me NOT to pray. He said, ‘First, you do not believe God will answer prayer, and second, I BELIEVE HE HAS already answered my prayer. Consequently, there is no need whatsoever for you to pray about it – you had your opportunity.’

“As I looked at him, he said, ‘Captain, I have known my Lord for fifty-seven years and there has never been even a single day that I have failed to get an audience with the King. Get up Captain, and open the door, and you will see that the fog is gone.’ I got up, and indeed the fog was gone. And on Saturday afternoon George Mueller was in Quebec for his meeting.”

Do you see at the invisible vision of reaching the destination that God has for you ahead through your spiritual eyes of faith like George Mueller, or like the captain of that ship are seeing the natural circumstances that are usually before you and say like everyone, "It is impossible." It was impossible for Meuller to reach his destination in the nautral, but he did not prophecy his impossiblities and make it a reality in the natural world. Instead he reached for the impossible target through a prayer to God with whom all things are possible. When he was praying to God the most simple prayer with a child like trust, actually he was taking hold of the unbelievable thing to come to pass in the reality of this natural world. God will always respond to his daring sons and daughters who will take hold of God with a unflinching faith and stay calmly in the assurance like a little child that our Heaveny Daddy has never failed and will not fail this time too.

Spirit is the real and eternal reality for a spiritual person, where as the matter is the real and the permanent reality for a fleshly soulish person.

May we never cease to pray to our Heavenly Father with faith, so that all our impossibilities be made possible for the GLORY OF GOD!

God will move over a million people just to touch that one person who is praying in faith, so why not be that one yourself.

"Faith is like radar that sees through the fog-the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see." - Corrie Ten Boom









No comments: