Thursday, February 17, 2011

It is all in how we deal with what we have?








I have always been fascinated by some of the inspiring stories of how people live positively inspite of the hard and crushing circumstances they face. This story I hope will inspire you as much as it inspired me positively.  


A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably combed and shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today. 


His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.

As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window. I love it,' he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy. 


Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait.' 


'That doesn't have anything to do with it,' he replied. 


Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. 


Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. 'It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. 


Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away.. Just for this time in my life. 


Our mind is like a bank account. All our positive throughts are like real money that will last with us until we die and even afterwards in eternity. All our fears, worries, unforgiveness, selfishness and coveteousness are like counterfiets that we put in to our account which at the end when we start to withdraw we will be more hurt than before because at that time we will be realising that it has no more value and we have fully wasted the time we had in the past. You can only withdraw from what you've put in. So from now on you decide whether you will deposit the real currency of positive thinking of doing God's will for your great future or knowingly let yourself be deceived by counterfeit deposit.


If you really want to deposit real currencey, learn to forgive people before the day ends, learn to be satisfied and thankful for what you are today with what you have, learn to love others unconditionally, choose to be happy in all circumstances, remember only good things in your mind and learn to let go the bad things by the grace of God and finally always think positively by faith in the positive life giving word of God.


Apostle Paul who was one of the greatest positive thinker taught this before 2000 years ago itself by saying, " Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious--the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse." (Php 4:8, Amp).


Like this old man in the preceding story, we can see that this Apostle Paul was a satified man at the end of his life when he said, "7  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8  Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." (2Ti 4:7-8). In other words Paul was remembering at the end of his life the positive life that he had lived in the past by having fought the great faith fights of his life in rejecting all the counterfiet notes of fear, worries, coveteousness, unforgiveness, selfishness and negativity that people and demons tried to deposit in his bank account and the valid currencies of good things that his mind was filled with. He was ready to go and enjoy the eternal benefits that God had prepared for the fight of faith that he had fought in Jesus name. 


What are you waiting for, learn to take things positively by meditating and speaking only good things in your wonderful life that God has given you as a gift! 


Blessings,

Abraham Israel

www.apsotolicrevelation.blogspot.com



No comments: