Sunday, October 3, 2010
The Agony of a Preacher's Heart
This is a heart moving and melting sermon from the heart of the man of God 'Leonard Ravenhill'. He has spoke in agony over the letargic life we are living, thus wasting our one and only chance to make an impact for Christ in this world. Say a word of prayer to the Lord to quicken you when you hear this mighty preaching which is full of God's life.
The points I have gleaned by hearing this precious clip is given below,
1) The moment a man is crucified on the Cross, he loses all his rights, this is why Apostle Paul said "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Gal 2:20). In other words it is like Paul saying, 'I have lost all my rights voluntarily and have become "a bond-slave of Jesus Christ"' (Rom 1:1).
2) Preaching is not a profession, but it is a passion. If there is no passion a person should not preach at all. Thank God Paul had no professionalism and also commercialism. Because Paul bowed before the Father, he had no need to bow before anybody.
3) With all the modern tools to study the Bible, with all the radio stations, television programmes, internet information tecnology, 100's of seminars, 100's and millions of gospel CD's and books, 100's of various Bibles and along with all these, we are also memorising the Scriptures. With all these stuffs to feed on, where are we? 95% of us are spiritual cripples, infants and babes. Full of self-pity, self-seeking, self-interest and self-concern. A poor "we first" attitude.
4) Some people love God because God gives. We have got this righteous prosperity stuff. Paul clearly said writing to Timothy, "... men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain." (1 Tim 6:5, NASV). Peter said, "In covetousness they will exploit you [KJV- make merchandise of you] with deceptive words..." (2 Peter 2:3). When using God's money to build anything, 'Don't build something that will embarass you in a few years.' With world starving and mission field needing money, we cannot waste God's money becase the gospel is a gory, bloody and a sacrificial gospel.
5) The greatness of Christianity is not success but sacrifice. The most precious thing we will ever handle is the human soul.
6) There is only one way to heaven but there are million ways to hell. What do you do to go to hell? Do nothing, just do nothing, That's all. The greatest sin in the world is not adultery, blasphemy....but the greatest sin in the world is to say, 'I can manage in this life without God.'
7) Some say God has not burdened me, you know why? He can't trust you with it. You are not strong enough to carry the burden. Many of you don't need more burden but obedience. Some of you are doing for years what you shouldn't be doing. Some of you have been holding back for years, what you should have already given to God. This is why Jesus told these awesome words to His disciples, "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." (John 16:12). Don't let the Almighty God stand on the day of Judgment, standing before John Wesely, Finney and saints of all the ages to say, "I wanted to tell this to you, but you were pre occupied with many things that even if I have told you, you could not have been able to handle it." May you not wish standing in eternity, I could have prayed more, wept more, sacrificed more, loved more, grieved more and sweated more.
8) 95 percent of christians are weak, God can't trust them with His burden. You can't trust children with great jobs to accomplish. 5 minutes inside eternity many of you will wish, I could have prayed more, wept more, sacrificed more, loved more, grieved more amd sweated more if you do not take this exhortation seriously.
May the Lord help us be a true and mature sons & daughters of God by growing in Him daily through His supernatural grace. May the Lord have mercy on us all to revive and renew us to fulfill His calling over our lives.
By the ♥ of the †
Posted by Abraham Israel I at 8:48 PM