Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Sweet Journey of Undying Faith










When we travel by faith, many people ask us, has the thing that you told had it not still happened? All we can truly say from our heart is, I am nearer to it than I was before. I saw it far then, but now I see it nearer than before. That is the walk of faith that God leads us many times in to. May our faith increase day by day to experience the reality of God's promise inside us first, before it gets manifested to us tangibly on the outside. - Abraham Israel

As we go nearer and nearer to all that God had promised, slowly our sight gets enlightened with the perfect beauty of our Saviour, so that the only longing we will feel inside us is to be nearer to Him and Him alone. 

The following song conveys the same message of longing to be nearer to our God, as you read it may the passion of God stir inside you and draw you nearer to Him than before.




Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E'en though it be a cross that raiseth me;
Still all my song would be nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I'd be nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

There let the way appear steps unto heav'n;
All that Thou sendest me in mercy giv'n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

Then with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I'll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

Or if on joyful wing, cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upwards I fly,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee,
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee! 

Lyrics: Sarah F. Adams, 1805-1848 
Music: Lowell Mason, 1792-1872 


Undying Faith Meets the Heavenly Hope 

  " 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of themembraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. 15 And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly countryTherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them." (Heb 11:13-16). You can read the following post about "The City of God" to know more about the beautiful city that God has prepared for you : http://apostolicrevelation.blogspot.com/2010/05/city-of-god-in-heaven-and-on-earth.html. Much Blessings from above.....  







No comments: