Monday, September 10, 2012

And That's All I Want!




Is Jesus The Shepherd Of Your Soul?





A Sunday school teacher asked her group of children if any of them could quote the entire twenty-third psalm. A golden-haired, 4 ½ year old girl was among those who raised their hands. A bit sceptical, the teacher asked if she could really say the entire psalm. The little girl stood up, faced the class, made a little bow, and said: "The Lord is my shepherd, that's all I want." She then bowed again and sat down. She may have overlooked a few verses, but that little girl captured the message of Psalm 23.

Here is my reason why the little girl hit the bulls-eye of Psalm 23 in a clear and precise way.

"The Lord is my Shepherd", that's Relationship!

"I shall not want", that's Supply!

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures", that's Rest!

"He leadeth me beside the still waters", that's Refreshment!

"He restoreth my soul", that' s Healing!

"He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness", that's Guidance!

"For His name sake", that's Purpose!

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death", that's Testing!

"I will fear no evil", that' s Protection!

"For Thou art with me", that's Faithfulness!

"Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me", that's Discipline!

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies", that's Hope!

"Thou annointest my head with oil", that's Consecration!

"My cup runneth over", that's Abundance!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life", that's Blessing!

"And I will dwell in the house of the Lord", that's Security!

"Forever and ever", that's Eternity!

His provision is impeccably perfect, His love is perpetually everlasting, and His mercy is unshakeably enduring. He gives inner peace to calm emotional storms often encountered on life’s journey and makes us leap with joy as though we are victorious even before the test ends, and supplies abundant strength that’s more than enough to meet every challenge we face in this lives journey. His marvelous attributes that are benevolently expressed towards us are without end everyday!

Dear saints, I hope that you have got the point. When the Lord Jesus Christ is our Shepherd, that is all we will ever want. Sometimes God teaches elders by revealing His wisdom and glory through childrens. Isaiah the prophet wrote prophetically , "...a little child shall lead them" (Isa 11:6). The bottom line is, it is not what we have with us that matters, but who we have with us as our shepherd that matters the most in this life and also in the life to come. If you have Jesus Christ as your shepherd, praise the Lord! If you do not have Him, make Him as your Lord and Savior of your life by inviting Him in to your heart today and He will become your shepherd forever.

No matter what trials or tribulation comes our way, the shepherd of our soul will be by our side when it matters the most. Our shepherd Jesus knows every weakness and flaws in us, yet He always sees only the best in us. He sometimes chastises us for the improvement in our spiritual life, yet with the trial His comfort overflows in to every fibre of our being.

If you have Jesus as your shepherd, please do read and let the lyrics sink in to your heart, then sing towards the Lord and meditate from within your heart and mind the following awesome song 'Shepherd Of My Soul',

Shepherd of my soul I give you full control,
Wherever You may lead I will foll-ow.
I have made the choice to listen for Your vo-vo-ice,
Wherever You may lead I will go.

Be it in a quiet pasture or by a gentle stream,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face a mighty mountain or a valley dark and deep,
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

Shepherd of my soul Oh You have made me whole,
Where’er I hear You call how my tea-ars flow.
How I feel your love how I want to se-rve
I gladly give my heart to You O – Lord.

Be it in the flowing river or in the quiet night,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face the stormy weather or the dangers of this world.
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

Much Blessings....


•ï¡(✞)¡ï•( www.apostolicrevelation.info )•ï¡(✝)¡ï•





No comments: